Monday, November 25, 2013

Handmade Christmas Gifts

Every year I have a number of people who I always give a small handmade gift to so I have been busy getting some made ready for giving very soon.

This year I decided to make travel mugs.  I bought some clear ones in my local craft store and then went about inserting fabric into each one to make them look lovely before screwing them altogether ready for drinking out of. 

This is what the finished product looks like.




 (this is what they look like from top view)

These were easy no sew presents.  They came with a template which I traced onto stiff interfacing and fabric, applied some stop fray to all the edges and then inserted into place.  I used Moda Bake Shop's tutorial on how to make them (link here) which was easy to follow.  

Hopefully the recipients of them will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!